It is totally cheesy but still exciting – Weight Watchers gives you a gold star for each 5 pound weight loss you have. I know, goofy, right? But it is such a rewarding feeling to go up there to the front and get your star and have everyone clap for you. I got one on Thursday! Officially (on their scales), a 5.6 pound weight loss!
One thing I feel the need to point out though is that is not a “healthy” rate to lose weight, as it isn’t likely to stay off if you continue to lose that fast. Losing 5 pounds a month? A much better rate. I feel like I have at least met my goal for the first month – now I just have to keep it up with some temptations coming up in the near future. A retreat in Galveston next weekend and a trip to New Englad for a wedding the following week? It might be rough – but I can do it.
I was a slacker about writing down what I ate the past two days. That isn’t good, as it won’t help me later on when I need to look to see where I slipped if I have a weight gain. Actually, I know right where I slipped, and I’ll get to that in a minute…
First, a good moment. On Fridays, I go to the knitting circle at the local yarn shop. Often, we order lunch from a local sandwich shop. This week, as my friend Katy & I drove over there, we decided to stop and pick up sandwiches instead. I had brought my “Dining Out” guide book which has point values for many restaurants. I opted for a ham & cheese 6″ sandwich, worth just 5 points. It worked well within the rest of my day, so I was happy.
Today? Not so good.
Woke up late, ate “brunch” instead of breakfast or lunch.
- The bagel
- Garlic Jack cheese, 4 slices instead of 2
- Dt. Sprite
- Photo hunt walking on Westheimer with the Flickr meetup.
- Cheese only pizza at Empire Cafe. Sourdough bread-like crust, who knows how many points.
- Coke (with sugar) (and caffiene) (which I haven’t had in over a week) (so I am now wired at 2am) (GREAT.)
Snack (this is where it gets SO bad)
- Cold Stone Peanut Butter Perfection in the “OMG it is too big to eat it all!” Love It size. Seriously, could not finish it. Still stuffed hours later. Doh!
My “extra” 35 points for the week? BLOWN. And I’m sure I’m still about 437 points in th hole after that one.
I wonder if they will make me give the gold star back?